Green's my Favorite Number

Exploring a world I have yet to make sense of and beginning the journey that will someday lead me to Munchkinland.

Name:

My hubby and I have been married for four years and wanted children the day we said "I do." We both have a passion for helping children and cannot wait to have a family of our own. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as the health teacher said it was...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

First and Foremost

First I guess I need to say hello. My name is Ellie and I created this blog after hours of pouring over other people's blogs; nudging myself momentarily into their worlds. I felt like I lived vicariously through their feelings but I always came up empty handed in the end. I hope that I can use this as a way to connect and cope with "Green": the number I call my life.

Now I guess I need a bit of an intro for those of you (mainly everyone) who don't know anything about me. I am 25, married, working towards a degree, and desperately seeking that one dream that seems to be on the farthest shelf of the tiniest corner of my life. A munchkin of our very own. We have worked at this for about four years (oddly enough, the number of years we have been married...). Marriage has been a difficult and sometimes uphill battle, but we seem to manage quite well and despite a few craters in the road we're getting ourselves on track.

Now, I am sure at least one of you will ask... What does the doctor say? or Have you been to an RE? or for the more unfamiliar fertile group out there.... What's wrong with you?

To be totally honest. We have just now reached a point in our lives where we feel it acceptable to look for other options. Up until this point I was blindly stumbling along thinking that eventually those threats that my mother screeched into my tiny teenage brain would come to life if only I did it with the fervant urgency of a hormonally driven high schooler. Wrong!!!!!!! Apparently it isn't as easy as the health teacher wants you to think it is.

There are calendars and hormones and fluids and blood rushing to your head acrobatics to achieve the desired munchkin. We have researched all of these things and rehearsed them over and over to no avail. I'm ready for the white flag. When we started looking at options I became hopelessly overwhelmed and have managed to slowly sift through the mountains of contradictions to find what will work best for us. I don't want to be a lab rat in some stupid maze begging for the cheese so I'm not sure how far we are willing to go but you are more than welcome to read on and see the end result.

Whew! Now that we have all that out of the way, I do occupy my time with the more mundane things of life. I love to curl up with a good book, and I enjoy spending time with my hubby. When he isn't taking up my time with laundry and life's little catastrophes (not as often as I would like) I spend time spoiling our two furbabies or playing games on the internet. I am seeking a degree as a sign language interpreter and I spend a lot of time flailing my hands around in a very sincere effort to make sense to myself and hopefully to others someday. I love working with children and I work part time at an elementary school to earn my keep.

For now I suppose this will suffice as a first timer's attempt at blogging. I am starving and the pg test says I want chocolate and lots of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home